Grid Project

For this project I took the initiative to do some self reflection. At this point in my life I have been finding a lot of enjoyment in going outside and spending time with nature. I decided to incorporate that peaceful ambience in my project. I made an environment with a sun shining through a cloudy sky onto a beach and sand. I used rice to do this. I liked the idea of rice because I already had it handy, and the brown rice has the same color as sand. This project was definitely time consuming, as I had to place the painted grain of rice within a little spot on the grid. While it is not that large, it definitely took a long time to get it where it was. I struggled because there were some grains that were shorter or longer than others. With the grid being a square, the grain could either fit straight vertical, horizontal, or diagonal but it could not fill the entire square. I think it does look a little patchy but all in all, I am happy with the way that this project turned out!


Comments

Popular Posts