Performance Art Project - "Tanning Time"


This project was definitely interesting. I decided to jump in the pool in my clothes with full hair and makeup and go around campus to "tan." Unfortunately, due to my classes being during the prime tanning time I had to go in the morning. That definitely was interesting in another way due to the looks I got. I started off by walking to the pool. There were some people that were probably in their 60's in the shallow area of the pool when I got there and jumped in. They seemed pretty confused. When I walked out, there were some people working on yard work and they also had no clue what was going on. At this point my hair and makeup were a mess and you could see my swimsuit through my soaking wet dress. After that, when I tanned many people avoided me. They would walk out of their way so they didn't have to walk by me. At one point in time, campus safety came up and was very confused. He looked over and saw my friend filming and gave her a thumbs up (she motioned to him that she couldn't talk because of the camera). Besides avoidance, I mostly got weird looks and such .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q151pFJCyXE2aC9jCH_-ZaZiJahJXans/view?usp=sharing

Comments

Popular Posts