Flip Book

For my flip book, I decided to use H.G. Well's The Time Machine. I had this book lying around in my room from an assignment in another class from last semester. It immediately piqued my interest for this project, not only because it was handy but because of the subject matter. This plot of this book deals with a time traveller using a time machine and trying to convince his associates that time traveling is real. Essentially, he goes far forward in time and meets a society that is quite disturbing. People in the society were segregated; half of them lived above ground and the other half lived below ground and came out during the night. The message that this disturbing society emphasized is that with segregation (of race, social class, gender, etc.) a society can not succeed.

I think that the idea of time potentially being detrimental plays well with a flip book. You can reverse it, manipulate its speed, and even alter it depending on how you flip around. This project was very interesting and it was hard for me to narrow down my ideas. I decided to have the clock go at a normal speed and then melt and become destroyed.

Link to video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I9lavPofF-nSUcAylfsuuTzi2pMafoDw

Comments

Popular Posts