Angel de Quinta’s Blog

One of my favorite blog posts from de Quinta’s website was titled “Here comes the Tony’s.” I had no idea that the Antionette Perry Awards was the original name for the Tony’s! It is evident that de Quinta has done a lot of research on his topics and cares greatly about the impact that musical theater has on our society. A captivating part of this article is when de Quinta predicts the winners of the Tony’s. De Quinta predicted that Hamilton would take home a large portion of the awards that it was nominated for. I think that Hamilton had a great impact on the musical theater community and the immigrant community. I saw Hamilton in Chicago two times and I know many people that also saw it. Everyone raved about it. Specifically, my dad is not one for musical theater. My parents had plans with family friends to see Hamilton, and while he was excited, he was not thrilled. When he came home after watching it he was in love. From the music to the acting to the concept, everything exceeded his expectations. I think that de Quinta was fair in saying that this musical would do extremely well because it captured the hearts of so many.

Comments

Popular Posts